I want to see:

Monday, October 14, 2013

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: My DevaCurl Haircut



It happened. It happened and it's shorter than I've ever gone before.

As promised, here are the before and after shots of my DevaCurl haircut. Sorry for that cheesy headline, hehe. Originally, the plan was to go about shoulder length. I didn't tell anyone exactly how short it was going to be, trying to get honest reactions when revealing it.

I'm still getting used to the whole short-hair thing. You know that moment in the shower after a big haircut when you run your fingers through your hair and........WHERE DID IT GO?! It went from "being able to tie my hair up with my hair" to "my ponytail looks like a nub."

But that's okay! It's a adjustment, but I'm honestly really loving it. It has this distinguished (or so I was told), boyish (so I say) look. Plus, I can now work it into cut pigtails.....am I too old for that?



If you happened to be like me and watch Miley: The Movement, you'll remember the part about her describing cutting her hair. That she cut it all off and was starting fresh. I had a moment right there with Miley, y'all. A haircut really can change how you feel, so let's see how this goes.

Tell me what you think! I'd love your feedback. Any tips you have on styling short, curly hair are greatly appreciated. It literally feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

In other news, I've signed up for my first 5k and am both nervous and excited. With only 3 weeks to train, it's definitely been a bit of a challenge. But this is something I've always wanted to do, and I'm not waiting any longer to dive in. Motivation is key baby, and I'm in it to win it! Well....not to win the 5k, but more so win on an internal, personal level ;) Stay tuned for my stories of running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanted: Comments, Suggestions & Opinions