I want to see:

Friday, August 30, 2013

Shiso Tavern: My New Canton Sushi Mecca

Every once in a while, I fall head over heels in love with a sushi bar. Shiso Tavern stole my heart!

After I signed my lease in Canton, I immediately began searching Groupon and Living Social for restaurants in the area to check out. This is how Shiso Tavern came into my life. Our upstairs neighbor also mentioned the place as a great option for sushi delivery, so then I couldn't wait to try it out.

Last night, we walked to Shiso, which is only about a ten minute walk from our apartment. And thank goodness we didn't drive! We ordered a Tropical Fishbowl to start the night, and it was huge! It took two of us to finish the drink, but it lasted through our entire meal making it worth every penny.

Everything on the menu made me drool, but we stuck to sushi since I had a craving for specifically that. We ordered three maki rolls: Crispy Calamari, Shiso Lollipop, and Kamikaze, ALL WINNERS! It was pleasant to be served ginger that wasn't dyed with food coloring, too.



My favorite by far was the Shiso Lollipop Roll. It was wrapped with cucumber instead of rice and was impeccably fresh. The Kamikaze had a great kick with a slice of jalapeno and hot sauce on each piece.

I'm very excited to try the rest of their menu, particularly the sushi nachos. They have a photo on their instagram which I immediately took a screenshot of and sent to my boyfriend. Crispy pork belly? Bring it on.

Needless to say, I ran home and ordered two more Groupons for Shiso Tavern. Maybe ran isn't the word, as the generous portions in the fishbowl took their toll (in a good way)! And when the Groupons run out, I will still be returning to the restaurant. YUM YUM YUM, more please!

Note // If you use Yelp or have any recommendations for restaurants in Downtown Baltimore, let me know! Find my profile at http://whatcamilleeats.yelp.com and send me a friend request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanted: Comments, Suggestions & Opinions